This week we are learning all about Chinese New Year. We will be finding out why it is celebrated and what happens at the celebrations. We will be food tasting, creating pictures and finding out about the Mandarin language.
Things to try at home this week:
- Use the internet to look at photos of China and talk about what you are finding out.
- Watch a video of Chinese lion dancing. Make a lion mask and join in with the dancing.
- Practise using chopsticks (or an alternative) to pick up small objects and improve fine motor control.
- Draw and colour pictures of people celebrating Chinese New Year.
- On Wednesday the lesson will include noodle tasting, try out a food the originates from China!