This week we are starting our new theme 'On The Farm'. We will be starting by sharing a Julia Donaldson book called What the Ladybird Heard. We are going to focus on listening skills and rhyming but we also want to develop our cutting and construction skills.
Other activities to try at home this week:
- Can you play farms using toy animals or teddies you have at home? What happens on a farm that you can role play?
- Guess the animal. Have a look at the document at the bottom of this page and guess which animal's coat you can see.
- Try out the game called Animal Homes (at the bottom of this page) to keep practising using simple computer programmes.
- Draw a map like the one in the story for an imaginary farm or perhaps for you house or garden.
- Try the online jigsaw at the bottom of the page or complete a jigsaw you have at home.
- Paint a picture of a farm animal or something that interests you.
- Practise your pencil control by drawing a pattern or doodle.
- Make sure you get outside and explore in the snow, we would love to see some photos!