To stop the abuse and sexual exploitation of children by knowing the signs and how to report concerns.
To sign the Pledge go to www.coventry.gov.uk/csepledge
Signs of CSE include the child or young person....
- Going missing for periods of time or regularly returning home late
- Skipping school or being disruptive in class
- Appearing with unexplained gifts or possessions that can't be accounted for
- Experiencing health problems that may indicate a sexually transmitted infection
- Having mood swings and changes in temperament
- Using drugs and /or alcohol
- Displaying inappropriate sexualised behaviour
- Showing signs of unexplained physical harm
- Being in relationships with older peers or adults
If you are concerned that a child may be at risk or experiencing CSE call;
POLICE on 101 or 999
SOCIAL CARE on 02476 788555
OUT OF HOURS on 02476 832222